Thursday, March 13, 2008

New Sustainable Development - Village on Sewanee Creek in Tennessee


The Village on Sewanee Creek is an experience in Southern Living the way it was meant to be.

A self-sustaining community ... in harmony with nature and people.

Enabling restrictive convenants - ensuring a balance of community and conservation.

Offering incentives toward green building, including alternative energy or rainwater collection systems.

Additional services are provided by Aaron Gould of Biointegra - member of the US Green Building Council, offering green building alternatives.

Featuring large porches, hiking and jogging trails and a natural amphitheater. Great pains have been taken to plan for amenities and activities that bring people together, creating a sense of community and an active, outdoor lifestyle.

Friends will enjoy a common area garden staffed with an organic gardening coach or share happy times with good company on broad covered porches.

Read more at ListedGreen®.....

2 comments:

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

I love this idea! I wish we had something like that in Kansas. Love the information. Inspiring

adrian2514 said...

Hey! Thanks for the great info about Sewanee Creek. Looks like a great place!

I was browsing through a bunch of green websites and blogs and I came across yours and found it very interesting. There are a bunch of others I like too, like the daily green, ecorazzi and earthlab.com. I especially like EarthLab.com’s carbon calculator (http://www.earthlab.com/signupprofile/). I find it really easy to use (it doesn’t make me feel guilty after I take it).

Are there any others you would recommend? Can you drop me a link to your favorites (let me know if they are the same as mine).